Ocean has been engaged to recruit an exciting opportunity to join a leading Asset management firm in the Surrey. This is a fantastic opportunity to move into a broad and varied role, which offers a lot of internal exposure.
The Transitions team is part of the Institutional business accounts business and accounts for almost 50% of our clients assets. Institutional Customer Services is where all client servicing, administration and general operations takes place supporting hundreds of Institutional clients from the UK, Europe, Middle East, Japan and Australia. The team has recently expanded and is now also responsible for the asset movement within the business
Your key accountabilities
The key focus of this role will be the account opening and asset movement for clients on behalf of the Workplace Investment, Institutional and International Business Development (IBD) businesses. This will entail using in house systems and working closely with our global operational and client service teams. Project managing each event ensuring trading can commence and all account set up has been implemented.
- Following a new business win or advice of transitional activity, the Co-ordinator needs to determine client's requirements & analyse issues involved in completing a successful transition.
- Review each transition with regards to cost analysis, management of exposure & performance impact, & build a Transition strategy / plan.
- Co-ordinate all business areas associated with new or transitional business.
- Active involvement with client & consultant on a timely basis as to the status of the transition, effectively managing their expectations & making recommendations where appropriate.
- Liaison with transition managers, fund managers, & custodians on issues associated with new or other transitional business.
- Work with high levels of vigilance with regards to risk awareness throughout each step of the transition, and keep management informed as to the status of all transitional clients.
- Work alongside the client representative to keep them up to date with the issues & to escalate if appropriate.
- Attend internal & custodial meetings and conference calls support client driven business
- Co-ordinate internal account set up.
- Process asset transactions & co-ordinate pooled unit deals.
- Ensure that each transition receives the appropriate level of reconciliation, sign off, & procedures are adhered to.
- Provide transition summary.
Securities industry background
Project Management skills
High level and broad understanding of the investment industry including settlements, corporate actions & cash management
Experience of coaching and developing team members
Self-motivated and results focused
Effective problem solver and solution orientated
- Experience and Qualifications Required
Experience of a high volume, low error dealing environment and/or investment management operations
Must be able to work to client/CSM deadlines and escalate unresolved issues as appropriate
Extremely organised with an ability to switch between tasks and prioritise effectively
Knowledge of MS Access, MS Power Point, MS Word, MS Outlook, Excel
Flexible, adaptable and responds effectively to changing business needs
Team player happy to accept work from a variety of different sources
Good knowledge of portfolio administration and broad accounting principles
General understanding of the investment management and pensions industries
Excellent communication and influencing skills
Numerate and accurate with an attention to detail
- Desirable skills
Ocean is a recruitment and inclusion consultancy dedicated to the investments industry. Our mission is to lead the recruitment of diverse talent and champion the adoption of more inclusive working cultures to help the industry innovate.