The Ocean Partnership has been engaged to recruit for one of the world's leading professional services organisations worldwide. They have global operations that support and protect businesses across a variety of functions. They are currently looking to build out their internal regulatory affairs centre of excellence within the Banking & Capital Markets industry.
The team are responsible for supporting the firms Banking & Capital Markets clients with industry and technical expertise on Conduct matters. The post holder will join as a Senior Manager within this team and will have client responsibility in driving the centre's Insurance capability.
- Interpreting global policy for the Banking & Capital Markets industry for the purpose of creating reports for clients
- Working as a subject matter expert on client engagements around regulatory topics
- Focussing on the interpretation new regulatory developments pertaining to Conduct, wider business themes and regulators policy making, supervisory and enforcement activities in this sector/subsector
- Assisting in leading the team and managing junior members where appropriate
- Producing written analysis and information including client publications, marketing materials, website content, training materials and press releases, in conjunction with the centre of excellences market profile team
- Conducting technical research, training, speaking at client events and publically responding to papers from relevant regulators
- Direct engagement with regulators and policy makers on areas of expertise, managing relationships, and supporting the activity of the centre of excellence's wider regulatory relations team
This role is very well suited to anyone who has substantial experience of Insurance regulation and policy. The position will give candidates fantastic exposure to the breadth of services provided by the Insurance practice and will become an internal think tank in this space.
- Candidates will be required to have deep technical grounding in Conduct issues affecting the Banking & Capital Markets industry
- Experience of advising on FCA principles, rules and regulatory processes in relation to these types of firms
- Experience working with the UK and overseas regulators
- Regulator background would be advantageous