Ocean has been engaged by a global institutional Asset Manager who are seeking to hire a Senior Legal Counsel who will be responsible for providing qualitative advice on Regulatory matters across the EMEA region. Working closely with the firms General Counsel, you will provide counsel and oversee see high profile projects on regulatory issues pertaining to FCA regulations, AIFMD, UCITS, and MiFID II.
Our client values diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have a disability and need help with the application process, please tell us.
- Provide Counsel on the implications of regulations including UCITS and AIFMD
- Provide advice on cross-border issues
- Advising the business on GDPR, MiFID II and EMIR requirements
- Ensuring template agreements are kept in line with regulatory developments
- Negotiate complex IMA's, distribution agreements and other fund documents/agreements
- Provide technical advice with respect to the development of regulatory training
- Managing a range of regulatory projects
- Keeping up to date with regulatory rules and changes
- Advising on a variety of business projects including fund launches
- Qualified UK Lawyer/solicitor and subsequent in house Legal Counsel gained in Asset Management
- Excellent knowledge of FCA and EU regulations governing the Asset Management space
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent negotiation and stakeholder management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Ocean is a recruitment and inclusion consultancy dedicated to the investments industry. Our mission is to lead the recruitment of diverse talent and champion the adoption of more inclusive working cultures to help the industry innovate.