The Ocean Partnership has been engaged to recruit an exciting opportunity to join a growing investment management firm. This is a fantastic opportunity to lead a large team of software development professions with full responsibility for the strategic direction of the team.
As the Head of Software Development, you will align to the Chief Technology Office to create the development strategy. In addition, you will collaborate with the Change Office to ensure rapid application development across the entire tech portfolio. This includes the development of the portfolio management system, web applications and other.
Our client values diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have a disability and need help with the application process please tell us.
- Oversight of developing new functionality for existing in-house applications and to develop new applications as required including 3rd party vendors.
- Management and leadership of a team of 15 software development engineers across the US and EMEA.
- Working and managing the relationship with 3rd party suppliers.
- Contributing to the delivery of the technology project portfolio and interfacing with the Head of Change & Project Management.
- Ensuring that development is aligned to agreed timeframes.
- Overseeing technical environment of C#, Java, SQL Server environment.
- Proven experience within a management and leadership role overseeing development teams with an investment management firm.
- Previous experience of managing people including performance reviews and appraisals.
- Experience of implementing order management systems such as Charles River, Blackrock Aladdin, SimCorp.
- Experience in sitting on executive teams.
Ocean is a recruitment and inclusion consultancy dedicated to the investments industry. Our mission is to lead the recruitment of diverse talent and champion the adoption of more inclusive working cultures to help the industry innovate.