The Ocean Partnership has been engaged to recruit a Manager in Tax Operations, focused on fund accounting within Real Estate, for a city based Asset Manager.
As the Tax Manager, we are looking for you to have a good understanding of property accounting and this must be from a Real Estate background.
Our client values diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have a disability and need help with the application process please tell us.
- Oversight and management of the correct allocation of property expenditure between revenue and capital based on business approved policy and procedures.
- Reviewing relevant policy and procedure to ensure adequacy and appropriateness in the respective Fund contexts. Champion policy improvement and development over time.
- Developing relationships with third party consultants, property managers and internal stakeholders such as development & construction team, business Tax, Property Fund Finance and others.
- Reviewing performance of relevant suppliers and consultants to ensure adherence to service level targets and KPIs.
- Carry out periodic review and testing and provide regular management information reporting to provide comfort to senior management that the capital revenue policy and procedures are being operated correctly.
- Alert internal stakeholders and escalate identified problems to relevant decision makers.
- Previous experience in a Data/System Administrator role and/or experience of Real Estates systems would be an advantage (Voyager / Yardi)
- It is essential for you to have knowledge of the Construction Industry Scheme and Capital/revenue distinction is essential
- Excellent communication skills at all levels
- Good organisational skills, ability to manage time, and prioritise work
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work on own initiative and be proactive
- Good team player
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office including Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
Ocean is a recruitment and inclusion consultancy dedicated to the investments industry. Our mission is to lead the recruitment of diverse talent and champion the adoption of more inclusive working cultures to help the industry innovate.