The Ocean Partnership has been engaged to recruit a Senior Associate who will focus upon the implementation and maintenance of Technology Controls for one of the world's leading Asset Management firms. This represents an exciting opportunity to join a business whose growth is still on an upward trajectory; a programme is currently underway to oversee the transfer of their AIFs and UCITS into a SuperManCo. Our client is also in process of launching a MiFID Distribution firm in Luxembourg as well as launching funds across the Asia Pacific and Americas.
As the Senior Associate in Controls Monitoring team, you will be responsible for supporting the firm's conformity to and effective running of, the control environment. To achieve this, you will perform periodic reviews, using audit based methodologies, of critical controls and propose continuous improvements to said controls to aid in the mitigation of risk.
Our client values diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have a disability and need help with the application process, please tell us.
- The review and testing of critical controls, escalating as necessary and reporting findings to senior management on a periodic basis
- Identify process anomalies taking appropriate action
- Production of bespoke MI to enhance controls awareness
- Promoting the controls culture through firm wide training sessions
- Providing training, incident management services and reporting to clients
- Maintain effective working relationships with key stakeholders across the business
- Identify opportunities to improve the Controls Framework
- Proven Audit experience ideally working with operations and IT teams in a wholesale financial services firm or Big4 consultancy practice
- Extensive knowledge and experience of managing and the reporting thereof, risk controls
- Confidence to communicate effectively with a range of internal and external parties
- Flexible and proactive approach
- This will be a visible role so requires someone with an approachable personality, strong focus and first-class communication skills, both written and oral
Ocean is a recruitment and inclusion consultancy dedicated to the investments industry. Our mission is to lead the recruitment of diverse talent and champion the adoption of more inclusive working cultures to help the industry innovate.