The Ocean Partnership has been engaged to recruit an exciting opportunity to join a growing investment management firm. This is a fantastic opportunity to work on the most high profile technology project as a SQL Developer and closely with the business.
As the SQL Developer, you will act in a hybrid capacity and participate in business process analysis, data analysis, data shaping and modelling, technical querying of code and testing. In addition, you will answer business queries related to the data, as well help identify any improvements in the current manual process.
Our client values diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have a disability and need help with the application process please tell us.
- The SQL Developer Developer will be required to own the user stories for run requirements and connect with the Change Agile scrum to get these delivered.
- Business process analysis, data analysis, data shaping and modelling, technical querying of code and testing.
- Working closely with front office fund managers to identify and solve problems.
- Advanced level technical expertise in SQL and VBA.
- Experience of Python and any other languages beneficial
- Knowledge and understanding of data models, sources, schemas etc.
- Excellent data analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work cross functionally on other non-developer typical tasks such as business data analysis, formulating QA test cases, process analysis and data shaping and modelling
- Exposure to Agile and working within a Scrum team environment desirable
- Preferable good knowledge of the buy-side operational life cycle within an Asset Management firm
- Good knowledge of Fund Accounting highly beneficial
Ocean is a recruitment and inclusion consultancy dedicated to the investments industry. Our mission is to lead the recruitment of diverse talent and champion