The Ocean Partnership has been engaged to recruit an exciting opportunity to join a growing global London-based asset management company. This is a fantastic opportunity to work as a Desktop Support Engineer / Desktop Support Analyst in a company which heavily invests in its permanent employees.
As the Desktop Support Engineer / Analyst, you will work within the Global Desktop Team, responsible for managing the desktop estate in production, specifically supporting the front office trade floor for the whole business. In addition, you will resolve trading desktop issues, support 3rd party market data applications and provide first-line support for in-house trading applications.
This role will provide onsite cover between the hours of 7am and 6.30pm, split up by shift work on a rota basis.
Our client values diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have a disability and need help with the application process please tell us.
- Troubleshooting and management of issues with the Windows, Mac, VDI and mobile estate;
- Installation and configuration of desktop and mobile devices;
- 2nd level support on Microsoft operating system and Office applications;
- Software deployments using Microsoft SCCM;
- Floor walking, desk visits and remote support expected
- Proven Incident and Problem management
- Desktop Support experience
- Financial services experience (either asset management or investment banking)
- SCCM experience (Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager)
- Citrix, Windows 10, AD
- Remote assistance tools;
- Advanced troubleshooting of the Windows desktop:
- Deep event viewer analysis; PerfMon; WinDBG; SCCM log files.
- Strong technical grasp of Microsoft technologies, including Windows Server, Exchange and SQL Server;
- Experience of Networks and Security;
- Scripting skills e.g. VBScript or PowerShell.
- Experience working with desktop and laptop hardware
- Supporting Apple, Android and Blackberry handsets in a MDM environment
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Great communication and interpersonal skills
- ITIL experience
- Asset Management / Fund Management / Investment Management experience
- Knwoledge of thin client infrastructure
- Trade floor support environment
- Deploying and supporting Apple Mac devices
Ocean is a recruitment and inclusion consultancy dedicated to the investments industry. Our mission is to lead the recruitment of diverse talent and champion the adoption of more inclusive working cultures to help the industry innovate.