The Ocean Partnership has been engaged to recruit an exciting opportunity to join a growing global London-based asset management company. This is a fantastic opportunity to work as a Desktop Support Manager.
As the Desktop Support Engineer / Analyst, you will manage the UK Desktop Support function and ensure the area is operating effectively, managed on a day to bay basis, ensuring all BAU work is dealt with in a timely manner. This position will be leading a team of Desktop Support professionals.
This is a newly created role to provide strategic management and leadership of a critical function at a time of growth and change across the organisation.
The UK Desktop Support team will work with their US counterpart and other second/third line support teams throughout the organisation to implement and uphold a global service delivery approach.
Our client values diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have a disability and need help with the application process please tell us.
- Track resolution of all open Desktop Support tickets to ensure KPI targets are met along with the daily workload of Desktop Support team are managed effectively
- Line management duties of desktop Support staff including shift rota management, holiday request fulfilment and day to day coverage is supplied to the business
- Produce statistical reporting on the performance of Desktop Support for continuous improvement and trending purposes - Produced weekly and monthly
- Management of VIP ticket resolution and defining this process
- Managing, creation and maintenance of defined processes to promote Service Improvement and improve quality of service. Responsible for process improvements to continually improve user experience
- Managing the creation and maintenance of support documentation in a knowledge base
- Provide point of contact for desktop support escalations
- Proven track record of taking Desk support ownership and improving quality of service
- Good experience with dual desktop support,including front office and VC
- 3-5 years of people management experience
- ITIL experience
- Strong technical skills in Desktop and Mobile technologies to supplement strong personality required to run a geographically diverse team in a challenging environment
- Excellent stakeholder management skills including experience delivering management reporting packs
- Excellent leadership and team management experience, ability to relate and work with individuals at all levels
- Solid understanding of Financial Services, ideally Asset Management industry, to act as a business champion within Support realm
- Great communication and interpersonal skills
- Asset Management / Fund Management / Investment Management experience
Ocean is a recruitment and inclusion consultancy dedicated to the investments industry. Our mission is to lead the recruitment of diverse talent and champion the adoption of more inclusive working cultures to help the industry innovate.