The Ocean Partnership has been engaged to recruit an exciting opportunity to join a growing global London-based asset management company. This is a fantastic opportunity to work as a Desktop Support Engineer.
As the Desktop Support Engineer, you will be responsible for planning, architecture, implementation, scalability, Security, advanced support and overall day-to-day management of the Desktop environment.
You will act as a technical authority across multiple technologies evaluating technical proposals and suggesting implementation recommendations to senior stakeholders.
The team is responsible for the design and ongoing management of the global Windows desktop estate, packaging all Windows 7 / 10 applications using APP-v and standard MSI packages and maintaining associated Infrastructure.
They are also responsible for all design / architecture elements pertaining to the Desktop platform, such as McAfee and Lumension Device Control.
Our client values diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have a disability and need help with the application process please tell us.
- Provide 3rd line / 4th line support of desktops and laptops for a predominantly Windows-based environment with some Mac laptops (approx. 5%)
- SCCM design and implementation
- Management of the Windows estate - Image creation / Deployment / Patching / Remediation and Upkeep
- Citrix Remote access design and implementation
- Group Policy design and implementation
- Automation: creating scripts where possible to improve desktop support processes
- Ensure adherence to architectural and ITIL standards
- Microsoft SCCM 2012 / Current Branch
- VBScript / PowerShell / HTA
- VMWare ESX Server / vRealize Orchestrator
- Knowledge of encryption technologies, BitLocker, Endpoint Encryption etc.
- Windows 10, Windows 7 Operating Systems
- Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2016
- Windows Updates / SCUP / WSUS
- Advanced troubleshooting of the Windows desktop: - Deep Event Viewer analysis / PerfMon / WinDBG / SCCM log files.
- Security Patch remediation
- Microsoft SQL Server / Queries / Reporting
- Device Control / AntiVirus Solutions
- Microsoft Group Policy and Profile management
- Windows hardware drivers and how they are integrated into a Desktop Build.
- C#, Perl, VB.NET, ASP.NET
- McAfee EPO, Symantec AV
- Applications Re-packaging
- Office 365
- Azure; AWS
- Desired Qualifications: MCSE, CCV-P
Ocean is a recruitment and inclusion consultancy dedicated to the investments industry. Our mission is to lead the recruitment of diverse talent and champion the adoption of more inclusive working cultures to help the industry innovate.